The Human Rights Defender of Armenia starts awareness-raising campaign on prevention of violence against women and in the family, as well as on respective laws with #againstviolence call.
By combating violence against women and domestic violence, we create a strong family, a safe environment, and a healthy society.
Within the framework of the awareness-raising campaign it is envisaged:
- to accompany awareness-raising campaign with #againstviolence call as hashtag and a Facebook frame prepared on an example of a strong and friendly family;
- to install posters at bus stops of Yerevan and in a number of regions of Armenia with the participation of celebrity Mkrtich Arzumanyan. Posters are activated by the Arloopa app, presenting a short video about the importance of love and solidarity in the family (a special video guide has been prepared about this);
- dissemination of the video material on the importance of love and solidarity in the family through regional TV channels, social networks;
- dissemination of the video on RA Law on Prevention of Violence Within the Family, Protection of Victims of Violence Within the Family and Restoration of Peace in the Family through regional TV channels and social networks;
- dissemination of booklets on receiving the Human Rights Defender's assistance with regard to domestic violence prevention issues in Armenian, English, Russian and French, prepared by the Human Rights Defender’s Office of Armenia;
- dissemination of Braille booklets on receiving the Human Rights Defender’s assistance with regard to domestic violence prevention issues among beneficiaries;
- dissemination in bookstores of an informative leaflet with the necessary contact details for the purpose of receiving the Defender’s assistance on domestic violence prevention issues, with an image activated by the Arloopa app, presenting a short video about the importance of love and solidarity in the family
- dissemination of guidelines in English and Armenian on domestic violence prevention issues prepared for the Human Rights Defender's Office;
- dissemination of English and Armenian pocket guides on domestic violence prevention issues prepared for the staff of the Human Rights Defender's Office providing legal consultation via hot line;
- discussions on combating violence against women and in the family with participation of partners in Gegharkunik region, as well as presentation of the awareness raising campaign.
The awareness-raising campaign is implemented by the Office of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia within the EU funded “Promotion and Protection of Human Rights in Armenia” Project implemented by UNDP, UNFPA and UNICEF.
We invite you to be a part of the #againstviolence call in Facebook social network by adding the respective frame to your profile picture: https://bit.ly/2KeTcNb